Sunday, September 18, 2016

Road Food:  Episode 1


Part of this year's home school experience has been learning to cook.  One thing I made recently was Rice Crispy Treats, but with a twist.  I learned of this recipe at a swim meet in Bishop, CA this summer. I made my first batch a couple of weeks ago and shared them with my baseball team.  Here's how it goes...

Prep the pan with a little non-stick spray.


Measure out six cups of Rice Krispies.


In a large ZipLoc, crush 15-20 Oreo cookies.  I used a tenderizer mallet!

The cookie bits will be different sizes...but not too crushed!

Mix the cookie bits with the Rice Krispies.

I was tempted to just add milk and eat it like this!

Melt five cups marshmallows with 3-4 tablespoons of butter.  
We didn't have mini-marshmallows, and just used cut-up regular ones.

Fold the melted Marshmallow-Butter mix into the cereal-cookie mix.

Melt one cup of white-chocolate chips in a pan and drizzle it over the top.
Enjoy!


3 comments: