Sunday, September 25, 2016

Day Seven: Assault on Bald Mountain, The Final Chapter

(continued from Part Two)

We were nearing the final part of the hike. At least of the uphill part!
At about 8,300 feet, we only had 700 vertical feet left to climb.

I could smell the summit!
At this point, pictures of the hike are unavailable.
As I continued to attack the face, Dad bailed and took the switchback!
 
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the Summit of Bald Mountain, Sun Valley.

"Challenger".  Indeed. 9,010 feet of challenge!
 
Time to launch an assault on those sandwiches!
Puppy still hydrating...

At the top, I ran into Bob, an experienced Sun Valley hiker.
He gave me some tips, like "If you go slow, you can go forever,"
and "Use the switchbacks.  It's easier on the body."
Hey, Dad, I'd like you to meet Bob...

There was a cool cabin at the top of the trail.
One last picture before the descent.

Sometimes taking the wrong trail down is fun!
Of course, using the switchbacks didn't last long.

The sun was getting low, making the trip down even cooler than the trip up!
We saw loads of deer...that we had flushed out of the woods...
while trying to find the right trail!

Spreading my arms in joy!

Dad spreading his arms in a different way!
The climb was beautiful and painful at the same time!
Exhausted, we headed back to the condo for...
 
...a terrific dinner of Caesar Salad and Pasta with red sauce.

Oh...and the rest of that pie!
We were left with just one final project for Day Seven...

...making a giant blueberry muffin for tomorrow's trip to Yellowstone!

The next couple of day's we'll be in camping mode.  
Don't worry if you don't here from me for a couple of days.
Wild-Fi isn't blog-friendly.

See next time...in Chicago!




4 comments:

  1. Chicago! Cool! I hope you like pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So exited to have some Gino's East! And to meet you, too!

      Delete
  2. hi Toddzilla its cammie and kylie come back soon please :) bi bi bi bi bi bi bi bi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cammie and Kylie I miss you guys so much. I will be back in 4 weeks. MISS BOTH OF YOU SO MUCH.
      LOVE YOU
      TODDZIllA

      Delete