Monday, October 3, 2016

Day Ten, Eleven, Twelve: Kicking It, Chicago Style!

After so many miles in the car, we were looking forward to being in one place for a few days.  I've been to Chicago twice before, so we didn't need to go into the City.  We were happy just hanging out at my Uncle Todd's place in Inverness...

It's a beautiful home, set on a small lake. It's the perfect place for rest and relaxation...

...catching up on a little piano practice...

...and some puppy love!
This is Uli, Uncle Todd's dog.
She's a springer spaniel, and full of energy!

I got to hang out with my cousin Jack.
He's my comedy and gaming mentor.
Here, we are practicing ukulele...

...while Aunt Steph was making supper.
While I was here, it was nice to get away from road food.
Aunt Steph made us tacos...

...Uncle Todd took us out for hot dogs at Portillo's...

...I had a chili dog...

...and Dad had the traditional Chicago Dog.

I also got to try Gino's East's famous Chicago Style deep dish pizza.
How was it...?

Thumbs up!
Thanks to Jim and his family (Connor and Tory pictured here) for hosting us.  
Jim is a friend of my Dad's...and a huge RUSH fan!

The next day I got to hang some more with Jack (Lego Marvel!)...

...and help the family finish a puzzle...
which looked a lot like where we were headed next!
Pennsylvania, then Cape Cod!
Only one task left before hitting the road early Saturday morning...


Goodbye Chicago!
Next stop, Indiana.  I mean...Ohio.  No...Pennsylvania!

SEE YOU NEXT TIME!





1 comment:

  1. Oreo rice krispie treats, oh my! You have to make this for me when you are home.

    ReplyDelete