Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Day Sixteen, Part Two: Good Food and Great Advice

(Continued from Part One)

Don't be in such a hurry that you forget to enjoy life.

So, after a two-hour Lesson on Liberty, I had worked up a pretty good appetite.  The closest restaurant was the Hard Rock Cafe.  I'd never been to one before...

There is some pretty cool stuff in the Hard Rock.
I really liked this guitar from the band Cheap Trick.  It's built like a saxophone!

I ordered the burger, and it was huge!
Even though I look worried here, I ate the whole thing.
Luckily, there was plenty to see to walk it off!

Dad dragged me to City Hall.  I had no idea what city government was all about.
He told me all about the different people that work for city government, 
and how all the public services are paid for:  TAXES!
We actually met a woman from the budget office in the elevator and she told me all about her job.
All that was interesting, but my favorite part was finding this...
 
The Donald!

We marched back along the Freedom Trail to get back to Boston Common and, across the street...

Bringing umbrellas had worked!  The clouds were gone and it was completely sunny!

The fall leaves were amazing!

I came across a local artist painting the bridge scene.  His name is David Lowery.
You can see a gallery of his work here.
David gave me some advice that I had heard before on this trip:
Don't be in such a hurry that you forget to enjoy life.

Sure enough, I'd walked off that burger... Time for an "arepa".
This is Nuria.  She's from Guatemala but has lived in Boston for 16 years.

We went to checked out the State House and came across a gang tourists on Segways.
Not the scariest gang I've seen.

NORM!  I had to stop by Cheers. It's one of my favorite shows to watch with my Dad.
Now every time I see this shot on the show I can yell, "I've been there!"
A tip:  The original Cheers is the one on Beacon Hill.  It was the Bull and Finch, originally.

Back at the park, I took some time to feed the ducks...

...and the squirrels.  Amazing how close they get!
Now that the animals were fed, it was time to feed me again!
In Chicago, we had tried their famous deep dish pizza.
In the name of science, we decided to do a taste test...

Sal's was close to the park and had classic New York style pizza.

How does it stack up to Chicago style, dad?
"Delicious!"
Well...almost time to pick up the car.  There's still a half hour of sun left.
How should we spend it?

Don't be in such a hurry that you forget to enjoy life.

Boston is a great City.  So glad I got a chance to visit it!

SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
















3 comments: