Thursday, October 20, 2016

Days 24-28: Adventures in Disney World!

After three weeks on the road, I was looking forward to being in one place for a while.
Lucky for me, that place was Disney World, Orlando, Florida!
Each Disney park has its own theme, but they are all filled with 
fun rides, interesting sights, tasty food, and friendly people.
Friendly people like...

...Alex and William, the world's greatest parking attendants...

...Bob the Usher, who helped me plan my day at Hollywood studios...

...the Tam Tam Drummers of Harambe...

...the amazing musicians of Quickstep...

...crazy characters...

...a snuggly goat...

...and this Jawa!

A cool thing about Disney World was that even though we never left Orlando,
we got to visit places from all around the globe...and beyond!
Places like...

...the Pyramids of Mexico...

...the Plains of Africa...

...the monkey-filled jungles of Southeast Asia...

...the streets of Italy...

...a Viking village in Scandinavia...

...the Mississippi River...

...the streets of Paris (where I ate a snail sandwich!)...

...Japan...

...China...

...Turkey ;) ...

...and a Galaxy far, far away!

Of course, my visit to Disney World was also full of fantastic rides, like...

...the Rockin' Roller Coaster (I survived!)...

...Kali River Rapids (watch out, Dad!)...

...Tomorrowland Speedway 
(Nervous about me driving?)

...Project Tomorrow (the future starts with me!)...


...Mad Hatter's Tea Party...


...People Mover (a nice break after all that spinning!)...
 
...the tower of Terror (twice!)...

...and my favorite, Splash Mountain!

It was a great five days.  So many fun rides and amazing sights,
plus, while standing in line, I got to meet people from all around the world...
places like Colombia, Germany, England, Ireland, Spain, Mexico...
But, all that running around had me pretty worn out.  
I was actually looking forward to our long drive to Appalachia, Tennessee...
But that's another story.

SEE YOU NEXT TIME!












No comments:

Post a Comment